Tuesday, August 01, 2006

count down to the next big thing...

So today is August 1, I have just a little over a month until the next ride that I really care about though I will be doing at least two before then, the corporate challenge and the heatstroke 100. Ok given that I will rest before I ride, I am probably hovering at right around 35 days left for training. The important ride though is a JDRF ride in Ashville, NC. Lots of hills, 105 miles, I will set a goal of how long it will take me after I do the other two rides. I am trying to keep my riding numbers up, but they are falling thanks to the heat, probably try to ride a lot the next three days, rain or shine since it will be cooler. Try to be better about hitting the Monday night ride out of Blues, I whimped it last night. Plus probably try to work on legs with some intervals with Syd. I am still evolving, riding just at a year now, up to two bikes already. Kona hybrid, and Bianchi Giro, they are both great. I am thinking of putting some heavier tires on the Kona, Eric at the Wrench said he thought I could go up to a 40 with the wheels I currently have, that sounds like fun to me. I will put up my JDRF slide show this evening hopefully, still working on it. It reflects why I am riding. Plus it has some good music in it. I am just getting into this blog thing, so more later.

3 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

welcome to the blogfest. like the layout you have goin'.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Byekin said...

The Asheville NC ride sounds like it will be a great ride. How are you doing with your fundraising. For me that would be the hardest part. I'm willing to pledge toward your ride. I know you don't know me but I just started riding with the Monday night group out of Blues. Talk to you about it on Monday.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger monkeygirl said...

hey Byekin,
thanks for coming by my blog, I really appreciate it, I will be updating it this evening after the ride which I am planning on attending with my boy. Thanks for your support on the ride, looking forward to chatting about it. reg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home