Monday, February 18, 2008

long time no post...

Mavis Washington Blazek 2/14/1992 - 12/28/2008 Thank you Mavis.


I know, I suck as a blogger. I was going through a really negative bad patch. Work was really bringing me down, my health was really bringing me down, and I lost my best friend. To those of you who sent condolence cards they were deeply appreciated.

As for work there is nothing to say, plus if I went off on the whole story someone from there might see it, and I would not want that, it is a situation that will continue to work itself out. It did actually knock me off my commute, and as for that I am working on being strong enough to take that up again full force, because I realize I hate not commuting. That brings me to my health, though I have always had the blood disease I suffer from with no treatment previously because I was only properly diagnosed last May, Hereditary AngioEdema, no you cannot catch it. Treatment has introduced an whole new learning curve. Normally I embrace a learning curve this one has been odd to say the least but finally I feel like I am getting hold of it.

As for my girl Mavis. If you never met her I am sorry for you. She was the best dog ever, she died December 28th. I miss her still every time I come into the house, but she was really suffering at the end so I try to not have selfish wishing I still had her.

I am also really sorry I did not go and say bye to CVO, I was not feeling like leaving the house then, but I read your blog every day, and envy you your great adventure, I miss ya dude, even though I hardly ever laid an eye on you anyway, I like knowing that any second I could run into you out on your bike, and when I give it some thought, that is still true.

So that is that. my list of sad excuses, I am done with them now. Back to my bikes, Back to my own bike adventures, I have a couple in mind and they are going to take some serious effort on my part. I do better with a nice clear goal, and though I am still working it out in my head, I feel better already.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger jlong said...

hi MonkeyGirl - if you haven't been there already, I hope you will go to www.haea.org right away- you will find there a wealth of information and a "family" of HAE patients ready to help any way they can.... Blessings -janet

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger monkeygirl said...

thanks Janet, I have been out on www.haea.org, and it was like stepping through the looking glass into a land where all you see is yourself, it was amazing.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger gravy said...

Spring will be here soon, the flowers will show up and the trees will bloom.

The sun will come up and all that. We just need these clouds to blown on by.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger K Olivera said...

Regina--you are in my prayers. I am so sorry for your loss. I could tell, just by listening to you speak about Mavis so many times, how much she meant to you (and still does!). Let me know if there is anything I can do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home