Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"you are my density...er...destiny"

yes it is my destiny to never eat HFCS knowingly again, I say knowingly because it is FREAKING EVERYWHERE!!! But thanks to Doug, thanks Doug, I now know that if I also shop gluten free, even better, because that is somehow added in the process. in fact go here to read Dougs comment about how his father helped engineer the creation of HFCS, and then never let his children consume it, yes that speaks to me frankly.

But the most amazing thing is now the density of my fat, yes you knew I was going somewhere with that didn't you? So it has occured to me based on Cornbreads comments that maybe men do not have these issues and by issues of course I mean cellulite, which is a terrible thing no matter how much there is, even a small amount is way too much, so to see it go away after a week of being off the poison, well it makes me think of those creams they sell to get rid of it, and I wonder if any of those creams have anything in them to counter act the effects of the crack(a.k.a. HFCS) I am just glad to see it go.

back on the bike very soon, the hip is almost well now. Wonder if I cracked it or stress fractured it? Oh well it is mending now, that is all I care about. Wonder if it is going to rain on friday, might be a good night to hit the one eyed dog for a blt and beer. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no HFCS in beer thank god, I will just skip the bread.

in case your starting to worry I think I am almost adjusted now to HFCS in everything, I was just so stunned, an pissed off. I think this may actually be the end of this rant.

7 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger VeloCC said...

I made myself a bit smarter about the hfcs and found this article that talked about the development of it and all that. It is scary shit and I am trying to stay away from it now.
I also found out that there a few soda companies that started to put cane sugar in their soda. I think, that is really cool. So, if I grave a pop, I will have one of theirs. But then again, I stick with water for the most part.
lad to hear your hip is healing:)

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

lol. I have an aunt who is allergic to corn and because corn syrup is in nearly everything, she never eats out and has to be so careful when even eating at other people's houses.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger gravy said...

I kept trying to figure out what HFCS was... I thought it was like KFC or some Berkshire-Hathaway comment.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Jeff Moser said...

I highly recommend everyone reads THE OMNIVORE’S DILEMMA. You'll be shocked to find out how much corn we eat! There are many ingredients on the labels that are just derivatives of corn...a lot of the ones you don't know what they are for sure. Xanthan gum and Citric Acid are a couple that I remember. Most of the meat American's eat is corn fed, so you're getting corn from that source too. If you read this book, you'll understand why this is! It's crazy...

Check out the health food aisle at the supermarket. Many of the organic options do not contain HFCS or other bad stuff.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger monkeygirl said...

you know in the past I have been an organic isle snob because for the most part I feel that is just a label that people throw on their stuff, and that it is not regulated enough, plus since I changed grocery and mostly because I do actually cook. But I may have to hit the local coop grocery which is all organic good for you health stuff.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Jeff Moser said...

I know what you're saying...I used to feel the same way too. And you still have to be careful in that aisle and read the labels. Still, overall, there are far better choices in the organic/health section!

And like you say...cooking your own foods from whole foods (non processed) is the best way to eat!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Adrian Olivera said...

What did you do your hip?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home