Monday, June 11, 2007

monday week 3...

And I could not really be happier about deciding to commute this summer, and that is with two rides in the rain, one a real downpour, one just a sprinkle, and two days with crazy wind gusts. I have not taken the same route every time. I have had some interesting adventures outside of the rolling metal cage, and I like it. There are a lot of people on bikes, my route passes many of them, some are not nearly so happy as I to be riding a bike, I feel bad for them. And some are out there now, because gas is just so expensive, and they have looks on their faces like they think they will be found out as pretenders, but there is no pretend to it, I always like to give them a nod, they are always sort of looking for it, and they seem glad when they get it. People are funny like that. I have also learned a lot about just riding my own path. That has been an important one to figure out too, but even when I ride alone, and conditions take a turn I always here the voices of friends in my head telling I can do it, and I can...

2 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

Giving a nod... I do that too. I think you gotta reach out and support folks' decision to go cageless. It's a big step and you never know how far little friendliness might go in terms of keeping them on two wheels. :)

Congrats on keeping to your commute!

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Frederick Ingram said...

Everybody starts somewhere!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home