Saturday, February 24, 2007

Cabin Fever Killer rocked... where were you???

I was there. I had so much fun, and that was even being last. Last if fine when you are having the best time on a bike. Thank goodness for the break in the rain for most of it, and thanks Greg and Bryan for the beers, beers and bikes, and fun galore. It is not often you get to use the word galore, but it is correct here. And I am worn out, I have not been riding very much and as much as I love to ride the pugsley, it is a little heavier than I am used to. It is also more fun than I am used to. It was just great to ride around and see everyone today, the guys in all the shops seemed to be in great moods so apparently we did not bug them too much. We are lucky here in lincoln as much as we discuss cars vs. bikes, we are lucky, I am glad every time I ride my bike that every time the enabling spouse(buys my bikes for me, tells me to go buy more) and I have started to move to Omaha we have skipped it, we like omaha, lots a great stuff there, but nothing like here when it comes to bikes.
Oh and a special thanks to Jill in Alaska for the inspiration to go out and ride today. She has some great write up stuff on her blog "Up in Alaska" about the Sustina 100 she did last weekend. Lots of people have been really kicking major Ass in some really serious rides, Doug and Dave in Arrowhead 135 Jill in Sustina 100. I love to read their blogs, I find them all very inspiring.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger nicol said...

I heard you were there! It was funny how it rained/hailed before and after the race, but all we got was a little mist during. It was very fun and I am glad I got myself out there on this wet Saturday. :)

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger monkeygirl said...

where the heck were you I did not see you at the after party?

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger nicol said...

No, last stop for me yesterday was at Bike Peddlers. I don't know everyone like you do! ;) Met some nice people at the BP though. Looks like you had a great time in the pictures, at the after party.

Are you doing the race next weekend?

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger cvo said...

I'm sorry we wern't at D street when you got there....

I innitaily had the race plan to kick off from misty's downtonw... but cornbread talked me outa it and wanted to host at D street....

more fun, friendly vibe...

the problem there is I invite a bunch of people into my buddies house.. so he couldn't do the race, he had to sit there and make sure everything was all good.

when most of us got back, I wanted to get everyone outa D street as fast as possible so he could have his home back... plus cornbread is a little damaged healthy now, so I didn't want to impose any more... So I offered up more schwag to incourage everyone to leave... first one to pedalers gets a belt buckle and a t-shirt. and the place emptied out...

I figured everyone knew where we were going after D street, and that any straglers would show up there and be directed to D street.

I think the household kinda went back into hybernation (or gaming) after we left, and it's hard to get anyones attention in that place if they are on the 2nd floor...

So, that's why we all left D street
so fast...

I'm super glad you and everyone else made it over to pedalers for the meet and greet hospitality....


thanks again for commin.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger monkeygirl said...

NO WORRIES, I was just giving cornbread some crap for fun, I had too much fun. Seriously thinking about next week but I am not too familiar with that area, worried some about getting lost.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger gravy said...

What? D street was the finish line? Crap, I still haven't finished the CFK race! I thought peddlars was the last stop. Them rules were too complicated!

Just so you know, Gravy officially wins last place.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger monkeygirl said...

ok well then I owe you a penny a dollar and a red bull. But I am not giving you the socks.

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger BikerB said...

Think it must be cool riding in wet Saturday! Hope you can share more of your photos with us. my blog www.bikerkiss.com/blogs/blogs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home