Tuesday, January 23, 2007

time to get back on the wagon...

for a while I was not even aware that I had fallen off. I was doing so well, I was riding my bike all the time. I was even shaming people way more into riding into riding their bikes more. I did some nice big rides, really covered some distance that I am proud of, and then there I was lying in the dirt, and it was apparently time to spend some time in the dirt. Not to bore you with the details, but I am not as young as I used to be, and I am in those happy golden "I have a few health issues" years. Well this fall they really got a good hold onto me, I had some trouble shaking it, but I sort of feel back to normal now, so to speak, don't waste your comments on the use of the word normal here, I am aware that it is always a stretch. Did not feel like riding a bike, did not feel like running or swimming, did not feel like writing on a blog. So it has been a while. But that is all in the past now, back to being in the moment. I am in a little competition to lose 25lbs by august 1. So that has my attention. I have a new bike, the pugsley, and that has my attention too. It is riding bikes differently from what I know already and I like it, it is all about having fun on a bike, so are my other bikes, though I have been known to put forth quite a bit of effort on my other bikes, trying to keep up with skip and Corey riding home from work, trying to keep up with skip riding home from work in 25-35 mile an hour gusts, trying to keep up with skip and Jk riding home from work, trying to keep up Denise everwhere we go, trying to keep up with Emory when he gets a bug up his but to take off as fast as he can, he is fast but I always catch him because he burns out quick, of course he will likely fix that this year. I am going to fix some things this year too, on my other bikes. But pugs is not like that. Pugs is more fun than that. there may be a time when I try to keep up with the pugsley but I cannot see that point from where I am right now. Anyway that is all for now, pugsley ride update very soon, I also have to ride a 3mile time trial for my little competition, more later.

9 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger nicol said...

I would not want to try and keep up with Denise. She has more energy than anyone I know.

I agree, riding bikes is about fun. I bet that pugsly has been fun lately! :)

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger KimC said...

25 LBS-we won't be able to find you!!! Ride your own ride and don't worry about the others-have fun!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Doug said...

Ride your own ride, it's a lot more fun. My wife and I spent six months hiking the Appalachian Trail back in 2001. "Hike your own Hike" was one bit of advice everyone tried to live by on the trail. Everybody has an opinion about what you're doing right or wrong. But you know what? Who cares as long as you are out there having fun.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

glad to have u back on! :) Keep ridin'!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger monkeygirl said...

in all fairness to everyone I try to keep up with, it is always my choice. It is not like they do not eventually wait for me on up ahead, so it is always my choice, I just tend to let it get a little too into my head, the keeping up thing so that is my goal this year, just to ride my own my ride, and when I ride with someone to make sure they know that is what I am going to do. The previous statement applies to everyone excluding only my boy Emory, who thinks it is really funny for me to chase him. Yep this is the year to ride my own ride. And KimC your too kind, you have to trust me you will still be able to see me, I come from heart disease women who drop dead, don't want to be one of those.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger gravy said...

I like to ride my own ride too. But sometimes conrad pushes me up front and I'm like, "Okay, I'll break the wind for everyone else." Not that I'm breaking wind... nevermind.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger KimC said...

Gravy-I wondered what smelled-:D!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger KimC said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger cvo said...

you gotta do, what you wana do...

there are times, you get all gun ho, and really want to put some efforts in...

there are times that you see the group start to pull away, and your just like, well, have fun folks, cuz that's what i'm gonna do.

I get that way every year. about late summer I start deciding. I'm gonna go my speed, and to heck with the rest of you.... see ya latter...

just glad to hear yer still wanting to get on yer bike and ride... that's what's important..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home