Thursday, May 31, 2007

thanks MG...

for buying the first round, as the self confessed weakest link, I just did not want that to be me, it was the only little victory I was looking for, so I owe you one. :D

ran into Mg at the wrench while there for a quick gear adjustment. Thinking about some further commuter modification that I will have to talk over with the guys. Small wheel change maybe. And then saw Cornbread on the rock island. I was just so happy I recognized him. In case you ever thought I was being stuck up and ignoring you, while that is not completely outside the realm of reason, it is way more likely I just do not realize I know you. I sort of need people to be where I expect them to be to recognize them, it is odd, but then when I recognize them and they are not where I expected them to be, ok I know bike trail is a stretch on that one, I am just always so pleased with my recognition abilities even though really I do not have any of those.

6 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger cvo said...

don't even let yourself think your the weekest link..

when we split up tonight, it started downpooring.. it was kinda nice.

ya just gotta be ready for it.

tommorow.. it's gonna be a downpoor on the way to work... I'm sooo looking forward to it..

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger monkeygirl said...

yep I felt pretty powerful riding along last night IN THE TORRENTIAL RAIN WOO HOO it was soooo awesome. Today I was completely prepared even have a second pair of socks because I thought last night when I got home that would have been the only yucky thing to put back on if they were still wet.

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Cornbread said...

I don't think you're stuck up. I have the same problem. Since I'm 6' 5", I get recognized way before I can recognize someone else. So I usually feel like a complete arss after someone says hi and I have no idea who it was.

Good first week in the challenge. Keep it up.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger MG said...

yeah, i wouldn't consider you the weakest link at all... so i guess you're welcome. i proved that if there's a 'weakest link', i'm it.

but as i see it, we're all in this together. it's not about being stronger or weaker than eachother. it's about our collective power as dedicated two-wheel commuters.

i'm awfully thankful to cornbread for starting the challenge. it's what i needed to step away from my car on a day-to-day basis.

cheers,
mg

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger monkeygirl said...

YOu guys are all too nice, I did not mean it in the weakest link sort of way, oh well I can probably not exactly explain it. I was the only girl in a big family of boys, so these kinds of games where I am the only girl are really familiar to me. As far as cornbread starting this I too am really grateful. I did not even realize that before I maybe had just a hare of hesitance every time I commuted by bike, I am not sure what it was about, other than just not strong enough really to get it done, but now two weeks in, it is routine. I am glad to have taken the leap the rolling safety cages.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home