Saturday, August 19, 2006

the return...

Of what appears to be the big lesson of my life. Everything I "hate, have contempt for, etc", I appear destined to become. You know maybe you felt that way sometimes about your parents, then you became a parent, then you became a parent who is just like the one you had for the most part.

Today I was the sweep vehicle. I am not so fond of the sweep when it is behind me, so I tried to keep that in mind and not make people feel like I was waiting for them or rushing them. Byekin and I volunteered at the Callahan 5K this morning. It was very fun. Lots of people in running shoes, and man could they make them work. My running shoes in comparison appear to be broken, I am sure it is an equipment problem. The guy that won the 5k won it in just over 16 minutes. He was moving. It was a ton of fun. Lesson learned again.

2 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

What's a sweep vehicle do?

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger monkeygirl said...

You know it is the last sag, stays on the end to collect the bodies, just kidding. But I have been happily trudging along before only to realize it was right on my wheel, waiting for me to surrender, of course he did not know the my motto, never give up, never surrender.;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home