Tuesday, August 22, 2006

grand theft self esteem...

actually this is the corporate challenge report. Nice ride, too many people, did not kick my butt this year, Ya! now I never have to do it again. Which is a real happy because 2500 people is about 2300 more than I prefer. I did actually see my friend david but he was on his way back to his car to grab a helmet for a guy he knew that did not bring one.

Now to the grand theft self esteem...actually I have never been so excited to totally lose my self esteem. First of all, I was flying the new monkey wrench jersey, and on a side note if you did not know it, Nate is a super star, so many people gave me a shout for my shirt, it was great. I am so proud of him. Because when people do shout out, you can tell they feel proud to know about Nate, "Monkeywrench , yeah! Nate" or "Monkeywrench , yeah! Nate rocks" it is awesome. So this cat flying Scheels colors comes roaring past and gives one of the afore mentioned shouts while still behind me, and then says how you doing, and I am fine, so I turn to smile at the wrench shout, and say alls good. Shock begins here, as my brain realizes the roar is from super fattys rolling on the PUGSLEY he is riding! He was moving that machine like I cannot even imagine. I mean I was sort of in what could have been considered the first passing lane, and I was moving pretty good with some nice fresh legs. I actually for one second thought it was Nate. But no way in Scheels head to toe. I did not even know Pugsley could move like that. So he is gone by the time the shock has set in, and I move up to pass someone else, and as I go by I say, did you see that guy just steel my self esteem, and he just busts out laughing with a no kidding. I personally never saw this guy again. My son saw him at the very end, Emory was sitting in the grass at the end, and the end is this riverfront part, that is v-shaped, it just has these really steep grassy hill walls to it, and he said while he was sitting there, this guy rolled his finish and went straight up the side, I mean you can hardly stand or walk up these hills and rolled the Pugsley up it. Amazing.

5 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Adrian Olivera said...

I looked for you but didn't find you. Maybe next time???

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger monkeygirl said...

I think the real question here is not so much did you see me, did you see that cat on the pugsley?

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Adrian Olivera said...

Yes I did - I ahve video of it too.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Adrian Olivera said...

Can't find your email..so shoot one at me and I'll send you the video.

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger emory said...

i just about keeled over when i saw pugsley go up that hill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home