Wednesday, September 06, 2006

departure is imminent...

leaving the house at 4am tomorrow to fly out of omaha at 6:03am for my JDRF ride in Ashville. I am really excited. I was kind of ill earlier in the week so I was really scared that my head would explode on the plane, a very monty python black knight kind of moment. My dr. assures me that is not really very likely. I have decided to trust him. I feel better now though, plus it is a risk I have to take. Too late to bail out. Full speed ahead, well controlled metered speed so I do not exhaust myself too early, and at least average 11 mph, which is the speed you have to average to complete the course in the allotted time. But thanks to heatstroke ride I am ready. See everyone next week, I hope a bunch of people head to murdock this saturday to watch the race. My boy Emory is riding there in his first race and I will be thinking of him while I am on my ride.

1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

ur going to do great, monkeygirl! Have an excellent time, take lotsa pics, and tell us all about it when u return. (I'll be checkin' on Emory. Tell that boy to eat!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home